Slab Leak Repair in Carlsbad
Carlsbad sits on the Pacific coast, and it is a hot spot for anyone who loves the ocean. Residents of Carlsbad are near California’s beautiful coastline with stunning views of the sea. The last thing residents want to do is miss a gorgeous day at the beach because of a slab leak. All Star Plumbing & Restoration is ready for any slab leak repair in Carlsbad.
What Are Slab Leaks?
Slab leaks occur when a water line is damaged, cracked, or broken. The water may leak into the foundation of your home, yet the cause of the leak is often invisible. If a water line becomes excessively hot or cold, it can expand or contract until a crack appears. By the time a homeowner discovers the slab leak, extensive damage may have already occurred. Locating the leak is a complicated task for the untrained person. Many slab leaks are within layers of concrete which make them difficult to reach.
What Can Cause a Slab Leak?
There are several common causes for slab leaks. Detecting, locating and repairing leaks usually require the assistance of a trained professional. This expert can detect the location of the leak and inform the homeowner about the cause of the specific slab leak.
There are two common causes for most slab leaks:
- Corrosion – When a chemical reaction in the pipe is involved, corrosion may occur. This usually happens when the water in the pipe is exposed to corrosive chemicals. The result is often a loss of water pressure as water leaks through the pipe. Many pipes in older homes used galvanized or copper pipes; these type of pipes are more prone to corrosive damage.
- Vibrations – Water pressure can cause the pipes to vibrate. This vibration can increase the amount of movement in the pipes, especially where the joints are weak. Any change to the water temperature within the pipe can also cause the metal to expand or contract. Both of these changes may cause a water pipe to crack, which starts the leaking.
- Poor Pipe Construction – Water lines need proper insulation with high-quality structural supports underneath the concrete slab. A poorly constructed pipe is susceptible to damage by corrosion, vibration and temperature fluctuation. There is a high probability that the line will crack and leak.
Common Slab Leak Symptoms
We can determine the location of a slab leak and provide the repairs necessary to fix the problem. Slab leaks have many symptoms.
Common symptoms of a slab leak include:
- Audible sounds of water running through the walls even when all of the faucets, taps and hoses are off.
- Mysterious warm spots on parts of the flooring.
- Unexplained cracks in the walls or the floors where the slab has shifted because of the leak.
- Moisture, mildew or mold build-up underneath the carpets.
- A sudden increase in the monthly water bill.
What Should I Do?
It is important to identify these problems as soon as possible because the cost of repairs will increase the longer you wait. We will advise best options available. Our specialized technicians will locate and repair the leak. We work with most insurance providers. Do not hesitate to contact us in the case of a slab leak in your Carlsbad home. We are available 24/7!
We provide slab leak repair services to these areas of San Diego:
Carmel Mountain Ranch | Carmel Valley | Encinitas | Escondido | Mira Mesa | Oceanside | Poway | Rancho Penasquitos | San Marcos | Vista
We also provide slab leak repair services to Orange County:
Anaheim | Costa Mesa | Fountain Valley | Huntington Beach | Irvine | Lake Forest | Mission Viejo | Newport Beach | Orange County | Santa Ana | Tustin
Serving North County San Diego
60-minute Response Time! Call (760) 849-8159
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS
- DISCOUNTED INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES
- FREE ESTIMATES OR QUOTES
- FREE 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- LICENSED AND INSURED
- 60 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME
At All Star Plumbing & Restoration we offer a full suite of services, including 24/7 emergency service for slab leaks or other serious issues. Mention you found us online and take advantage of all the different discounts and coupons that we offer. If you are in need of a residential plumber in San Diego, see below for more information about any of our services, and feel secure in our 24/7 emergency service and we can be there in 60 minutes!