Water Leak Detection in Rancho Penasquitos
Ranchos Penasquitos is the heart of a suburb in San Diego. It is a thriving community that has many homes built on slab foundations with water and sewer lines running beneath them. Since pipes are often made of copper or plastic, tiny leaks often form. These small problems may lead to bigger issues that cause significant damage. Our plumbers have years of experience performing leak detection. When we confirm a leak, we use special equipment to uncover the heart of the problem and work quickly to make repairs. Our goals are to fix issues without causing homeowners major disruptions and to teach how to prevent future leaks. No matter the time of day, All Star Plumbing & Restoration is always available to tend to your water leak detection needs in Rancho Penasquitos.
What Causes Water Leaks?
Water may begin leaking from pipes for a variety of reasons. The most common include:
- Chemicals. Many municipalities use chlorine and other chemicals to keep the water supply safe. With time, they cause pipes to disintegrate, which leads to “pinhole” leaks.
- Interior Corrosion. Many times, a home’s hot water tank may corrode, which makes steel accumulate inside copper pipes. This causes a metal reaction that can lead to deterioration and leaks.
- Contact with Concrete. As the ground shifts, it can cause pipes to come in contact with concrete and rocks within the soil. This can take a toll on the exterior of the pipes and begin small leaks.
- Faulty Construction. When pipes are not installed correctly, connections may become weak and start to leak.
How to Recognize Leaks
There are many signs that may indicate water is leaking from pipes:
- Warm/Cold Spots. When a leak is present, you may detect a warm or cold spot on the floor.
- Wet or Damaged Flooring. A water leak is most likely present when your carpets are wet for no reason. Your linoleum may be bubbling as well.
- Running Water Sounds. When there is a leaky pipe, you are likely to hear the constant sound of running water.
- High Water Bills. With a water leak, you may notice higher than normal utility bills.
Fixing a Water Leak
When water or sewer lines begin leaking, you are likely to experience damage that requires costly repairs. It may be tricky to uncover the exact area of the problem, but our team has special equipment that pinpoints the leak. Instead of ripping up large portions of your foundation, our technology locates the area that must be fixed. Thanks to our detection methods, homeowners save time, money, and aggravation.
Why Homeowners Work With Us
Even though DIY repairs seem to be the least costly solution for leaks, they often lead to worse damage. It is much wiser to call a professional plumbing company that specializes in water leak detection. Unlike other businesses, we work quickly, identify the exact location of the problem, and perform pipe replacement. Many times, we work directly with insurance companies so that you do not have to spend hours filing a claim. Emergencies strike at the most inconvenient times, so we are available 24/7. If you need a water leak detection service in Rancho Penasquitos, All Star Plumbing & Restoration is your top choice.
Serving North County San Diego
60-minute Response Time! Call (858) 703-5167
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS
- DISCOUNTED INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES
- FREE ESTIMATES OR QUOTES
- FREE 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- LICENSED AND INSURED
- 60 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME
At All Star Plumbing & Restoration we offer a full suite of services, including 24/7 emergency plumbing service for slab leak repair or other serious issues. Mention you found us online and take advantage of all the different discounts and coupons that we offer. If you are in need of a residential plumber in San Diego, see below for more information about any of our services, and feel secure in our 24/7 emergency service and our 60 minute response time!