When you have a leak under the foundation of your home, this is called a slab leak; you need a reliable, expert plumbers to perform the repairs.
We are a 24/7 plumbing service located in Irvine, Orange County. This planned, wealthy city, has homes and business buildings that were built in the 1960s and ’70s – these buildings may experience foundation and plumbing issues. Our plumbers are available at any time for a slab leak repair in Irvine.
Slab Leaks: Causes And Symptoms
The insurance and plumbing industries use the term “slab leak” to refer to a pipe break that occurs in the water lines that run underneath the concrete of a building. Several issues could cause slab leaks, such as
- concrete deteriorating the pipes,
- general wear,
- improper soldering,
- improperly wrapped copper, and
- poor water quality.
You might not be a plumbing expert, but you might notice these signs of a slab leak in your home or business:
- a warm area on the floor, which indicates a possible hot water leak;
- excessive moisture or mildew under your carpet;
- floor or wall cracks;
- higher water bills; and
- the sound of flowing water when all of your faucets are turned off.
How To Repair A Slab Leak
Fixing a slab leak is a job for experts because they have the required experience and training. Our expert technician might offer multiple methods for repairing the plumbing problem. While these options vary in price, choosing the cheapest might not be the most comprehensive solution or the best for preventing leaks in the future. It’s important that you consider all of these options so that you can choose one that fits your budget and specific situation. Take a look at some of these repair methods below:
- Restore the break with epoxy. This involves installing and curing epoxy over the leak, but it only works for breaks that are small enough.
- Reroute the water through new pipes. We can attach a new line of pipes above ground, connecting them at the point where the underground lines come together.
- Make a hole in the concrete for direct access to the water pipes underneath. The size of the hole that we make usually measures 4 feet by 4 feet. When we are finished with the pipe repairs, we will install a new section of concrete to close the hole.
Why You Should Call Plumbers
One of the biggest benefits of calling our plumbing service is that we will discuss the available options for your specific slab leak case. The causes of many plumbing issues are hidden, and only trained plumbers can locate the underlying case and provide a report with possible solutions. Before starting on repairs, our staff will inspect every section of your plumbing system to identify potential problems.
Compared to doing the repairs on your own, it’s clear why you need to hire Plumber in Irvine to deal with your slab leak. Our staff can help you extend the life of your pipes while reducing costs because they can do the repairs correctly the first time.
Call All Star Plumbing & Restoration today! Our slab leak repair specialists are here to help.
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS
- FREE ESTIMATES OR QUOTES
- LICENSED AND INSURED
- DISCOUNTED INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES
- FREE 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- 60 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME