Water leaks are a common problem that almost all homeowners deal with from time to time. Some leaks are obvious and easier to repair while others can be very difficult to detect. It is important to address the potentially serious nature of water leaks to prevent them from causing bigger problems down the road. The information below will discuss one type of well-hidden leak that can create problems for homeowners and what can be done about it when it occurs.
What Is A Slab Leak?
The pipes that deliver water to the various parts of your home run through the concrete foundation under your house. Water pipes are installed in this manner because it is the most cost-effective and efficient way for home builders to ensure an adequate amount of water is supplied to a house affordably.
While this way of installing water pipes works efficiently, it can create issues when the portion of the pipes that are located within a concrete slab develop a leak. This type of leak can remain unnoticed for some time. In fact, some of the effects of a slab leak can become severe before the homeowner even realizes that a leak has occurred.
Police, Military, Fire,
Seniors & Teachers
*For Services Up to $1000
What Causes A Slab Leak In Anaheim Hills ?
Slab leaks can be caused by a wide variety of things, but two culprits are by far the most common causes. First of all, water pipes can corrode over a period of time, and this can lead to the development of leaks. Secondly, pressure changes and other problems can cause water pipes to suddenly burst. As a home and the materials it is made up of gets older, they become more likely to suffer the type of wear that can lead to slab leaks.
Signs Of A Slab Leak
As stated earlier, slab leaks are very different from leaky pipes under your bathroom sink. Slab leaks are not as likely to be noticed for a much longer period. However, several signs exist that you as a homeowner can look out for to let you know there might be a problem. Consider the following signs of a slab leak.
- Low Water Pressure : The water pressure in your home remains fairly consistent when your pipes are functioning normally. If a pipe bursts or develops a leak, you may notice that your overall water pressure drops drastically. A water meter that runs continuously or a drastic increase in your water bill can also be signs that you might have a slab leak.
- Water Puddles on the Floor : Visually spotting puddles of water on the floor in various locations is a rather obvious sign that you have a problem with a leak. It’s best to discern the presence of a slab leak before it gets to this point since standing water on your floor can cause serious repercussions.
- Cracks in the Floor or Concrete Slab : Busted pipes and continually leaking water can cause cracks to develop in the floor or the foundation under your home. This is another late sign that develops after the leak has been present for some time and created a lot of damage.
- Unusual Odors or Sounds: Water leaks are notorious for leading to issues with mold and mildew. The presence of mold or mildew will often lead to an unpleasant musty smell that is bothersome to many homeowners. Additionally, you may even be able to hear water leaks as the water runs or drips into surrounding areas.
When To Call A Plumber For Slab Leak Repair In Anaheim Hills ?
Slab leaks are serious issues that can lead to severe structural damage to your home. They can also lead to potentially health-damaging problems with mold and mildew. These issues can be costly to repair, so it is ideal to catch any leaks that occur right away.
Detecting and locating the presence of these hidden leaks can be extremely difficult unless the individual is trained and experienced in this particular area. For this reason, it is always best to consult a qualified professional who can efficiently locate the source of the leak and provide immediate solutions to correct it.
At All Star Plumbing & Restoration, we use the latest technology to serve the needs of the Anaheim Hills, California area. We can provide sound solutions for all types of water leaks, allowing you to rest easy that your home is safe. If you suspect the presence of a slab leak, please contact us immediately to determine how we can help you correct this situation promptly.
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS
- DISCOUNTED INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES
- FREE ESTIMATES OR QUOTES
- FREE 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- LICENSED AND INSURED
- 60 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME