Tankless Water Heater Installation in San Diego
If you’re hoping to gain an endless supply of hot water without paying a dollar extra to receive it, then a tankless water heater might be the best option for you. Here’s what you need to know about this technology and how you can benefit.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater doesn’t use a storage tank to heat water. When you turn on a hot water tap in your home, either a gas burner or an electric element directly heats the cold water that travels through a pipe into the unit. As opposed to waiting for a storage tank to fill with enough hot water for use, tankless water heaters provide a constant supply of it. If you’re looking for an energy-efficient option to supply your home with hot water, tankless water heaters are worth serious consideration.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Help Save Energy?
A tankless water heater provides hot water only when you need it, which ensures it doesn’t produce standby energy losses like a storage water heater. When debating which water to invest in or switch to, consider these alarming statistics about at-home water usage and the differences between all the water heaters on the market.
• The average household uses about 64 gallons of water per day.
• The average household spends between $400 and $600 per year on water heating.
• Water is the second largest expense in the home, accounting for up to 18 percent of utility costs.
Comparing the Different Types of Common Water Heaters
• Storage water heater: Life expectancy of 10-15 years and produces standby heat loss.
• Heat pump water heater: Life expectancy of 10-15 years and efficiency depends on location of installation.
• Tankless water heater: Life expectancy of more than 20 years and is up to 38 percent more efficient than a storage water heater.
What are the Benefits of Installing a Tankless Water Heater?
Here are the biggest benefits of installing a tankless water heater in your home.
• Most units include a federal tax rebate.
• It never runs out of hot water.
• It lasts longer than any other model on the market.
• It is one of the most energy-efficient models on the market.
• It only needs enough power to heat the amount of water needed at the time.
• It takes up little space.
• Electric models don’t emit greenhouse gases.
• You can use a remote control to operate it.
• You eliminate the risk of flooding because of a ruptured tank.
Who can Benefit From Investing in a Tankless Water Heater?
If your home uses less than 42 gallons of hot water daily, a tankless water heater can operate up to 34 percent more efficiently than a storage tank water heater. If your home uses a lot of hot water daily – about 86 gallons – it can still operate up to 14 percent more efficiently than a storage tank water heater. In short, nearly every homeowner can benefit from upgrading to a tankless water heater if you can afford the upfront investment to purchase one.
Although it’s a relatively simple process, it takes a professional plumber to install a tankless water heater. If you’d like to switch to a tankless water heater in your Southern California home, contact our team today. Before removing your old water heater, we’ll assess your property’s specific needs and recommend the most cost-effective option.
Hire a Professional Plumber
Finding right plumber to install your tankless water heater is important. We have many years of experience servicing the San Diego area. Contact us today to find out how we can help.
Water Heater Problems?
We’ll fix it or replace it fast.
60-minute Response Time! Call (858) 703-5167
Why Choose Us for Your Tankless Water Heater Installation?
- Our professionals are Specialists at Water Heater Installation and Repair!
- We provide Direct Billing to your insurance company — less hassle for you
- Fully Licensed plumbers mean no liability to you
- Customer Satisfaction is our mission — you can count on us to get the job done right the first time
- Discounts for seniors, military/police/fire, and teachers – FREE Estimates for ALL Customers!
Your water heater is one of the most important appliances in your household. It’s the workhorse behind many of the essential functions under your roof — laundry, the dishes, and family hygiene. As such, you should have a professional plumber check it out once a year just to make sure it’s in working order. And if you hear it beginning to make unusual noises, notice cooler showers, or a find puddle by the heater, don’t attempt to repair it yourself. It’s much safer and smarter to contact All Star — your water heater repair experts.