Slab leaks can occur without any warning, and repair costs can quickly climb into the thousands. Since slab leaks are caused by damage to a water or sewer line beneath your foundation, repairing this type of leak requires a professional. Locally owned and operated, we are proud to serve the residents of Carmel Mountain Ranch. As experts in the industry, we’re available for a slab leak repair in Carmel Mountain Ranch at any time of the day or night.
What is a slab leak?
Hidden out of sight, a slab leak is a water leak that occurs under a building’s foundation. It can be traced to either a hot or cold water line or a sewer line. The severity of these leaks can range from the size of a pinhole leak to an outright break in the line. While repairing a damaged pipe isn’t difficult, pinpointing its location and accessing it is rather complicated. Once the location is determined, the foundation has to be cut to execute the repair.
Police, Military, Fire,
Seniors & Teachers
*For Services Up to $1000
What causes slab leaks?
- Corrosion: This type of damage is due to a chemical reaction between the pipe and the water in the soil that surrounds it. It often leads to decreased water pressure thanks to the host of holes that corrosion leaves in its path. Used in older homes, copper and galvanized pipes are especially susceptible to corrosion.
- Vibrations: When water flows through a pipe, it can cause the pipe to vibrate. Also, depending on the water’s temperature, the pipe can expand or contract. These two elements combined can make a pipe shift and scrape against surrounding materials, which can result in a crack.
- Poor Construction: If too much pressure is on a water line, it can crack. With this in mind, it’s imperative that water lines be properly installed, insulated and supported underneath a slab.
What are the symptoms of a slab leak?
- Warm areas on your floor
- Mold or mildew beneath your carpet
- Sounds of running water even when all taps are off
- Increased water bills
- Cracked walls or floors
What should I do if I think I have a slab leak?
If you suspect a slab leak, you need to contact a professional immediately. The longer a leak is left untreated, the more costly its repair will be. Since repairing a slab leak involves cutting through concrete and messing with your foundation, it is best to leave this project in the hands of a plumbing expert. The professional technicians at All Star Plumbing & Restoration can determine the best course of action for your unique home.
All Star Plumbing & Restoration is ready to take care of any slab leak repair in Carmel Mountain Ranch. Licensed and insured, we can often work directly with your insurance provider. We’re available 24/7 and always ready to meet your needs, so contact us today for a free quote.