Leaks under the floor are a common problem with plumbing. Plumbers refer to these as slab leaks, and they can happen under the foundation of a home or the concrete of a patio or sidewalk.
Our plumbers are slab leak repair experts in Orange County, one of the most iconic destinations in California. We keep our oceanfront towns in top plumbing shape thanks to our vast array of plumbing services. If you need a slab leak repair in Orange County, don’t hesitate to contact All Star Plumbing & Restoration.
The Damages Slab Leaks Cause
In an average household, one slab leak can waste over 10,000 gallons of water per year. This is very concerning because of increasing water rates and periods of drought. Slab leaks also cause damage to your home or business when you don’t get them fixed; the severity of damage is dependent on the size of the leak and the period it has gone unnoticed. When left alone for longer periods, mold and mildew develop, which can cause health problems.
Police, Military, Fire,
Seniors & Teachers
*For Services Up to $1000
Is There A Slab Leak In Your Orange County Home Or Business?
Have you felt a warm or hot area on your floor? Do you hear water running even though the fixtures in your home or business are turned off? Maybe you’ve noticed an increase in your water bill, cracks in the ceilings or walls, or standing water, mud or moss around your building.
All of these are signs of a slab leak, and you should call a plumber immediately to have the issue inspected. Damage from the problem can manifest in just months, and the cost of repairs will only increase the longer you wait to have it fixed.
Preventing Slab Leaks
It might seem like slab leaks just happen, so there’s no way to prevent them. However, there are methods of keeping them from happening. Take a look at the below precautions you can take with your plumbing system:
- Examine All Pipes – When you have an Orange County plumber inspect your home or business, make sure the pipes buried underground and in the walls of the foundation are included in the inspection. These pipes are vulnerable to changes in the weather and can be damaged, allowing water to leak into the foundation. We use sophisticated technology and tools to examine pipes in concrete slabs and underground.
- Check for Proper Water Pressure – Buildings are prone to slab leaks when the water pressure consistently drops or is low. This happens because water pressure fluctuations make your pipes expand and contract. When this happens too often, cracks develop in the pipes, causing water leaks. Fluctuating water pressure can also cause vibrations in the pipes, which can cause abrasions that form holes or cracks from the inside. We can inspect low water pressure to ensure your pipes aren’t nearing a breaking point. If they are, we can repair the damage before a slab leak occurs.
- Be Aware of Rising Water Costs – If you aren’t using anymore water than usual but your water bill begins to increase, there’s a good chance that your home or business has a slab leak. This is why it’s so important to pay attention to how much water you’re using and how much you’re paying for. We can repair a slab leak right away if we find one, which will save you a lot of money in the long run.
We offer comprehensive, state-of-the-art slab leak repair in Orange County. As local specialists with years of experience, we will quickly find your problem and recommend the best method of repair for your situation. Contact All Star Plumbing & Restoration for you slab leak and 24/7 plumbing needs!
- PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNTS
- DISCOUNTED INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLES
- FREE ESTIMATES OR QUOTES
- FREE 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
- LICENSED AND INSURED
- 60 MINUTE RESPONSE TIME