Rancho Penasquitos, a suburb in Northeastern San Diego County, is filled with older homes that may be prone to slab leaks. If you’re concerned that your home has a slab leak, calling a professional repair company right away is essential.
A slab leak repair expert can verify if there is a leak and can start the best plan of attack to remedy the problem. Contact All Star Plumbing & Restoration if you need professional slab leak repair in Rancho Penasquitos.
Slab Leaks Explained
Even though the foundation is not the fanciest part of your house, a good foundation provides a safe and secure base for the rest of your home.
Signs of a Possible Slab Leak
Any of these symptoms can be a potential slab leak warning sign:
- Cracks in your home’s floor or walls
- Any sounds of running water although all the water has off
- Excessive moisture or mildew found under any carpets
- An unusual hot spot in your floor
- Sudden, expensive water bills
Slab Leak Culprits
What could make a slab leak happen? There are several possible reasons such as:
- Corrosion – Over time, corrosion can occur from chemical reactions between the water pipes and the surrounding soil. This corrosion eats away at the pipes and creates problematic holes in the water line. If your house has copper or galvanized pipes for the water lines, corrosion can be a big problem. Initially, you may experience a loss in water pressure throughout your house, but corrosion can cause slab leaks as well.
- Vibrations – When water runs through throughout your home, it vibrates the pipes. In addition, the water temperature causes the pipes to expand or contract as the water runs through them. These vibrations can make the pipes rub against other water lines and surrounding materials. Unfortunately, constant friction is known to make water pipes crack and leak.
- Poor Construction – Slab leaks can also be a result of poor construction work. If the water lines were not installed with the proper insulation or support under the foundation, it is only a matter of time before a slab leak occurs. Moreover, if the water line is not protected correctly, the excessive pressure on the water line can make it crease and eventually crack.
Slab Leak Repair
When pipes leak underneath your foundation, water is seeping out from either the water or sewer lines. To protect your home from any additional damage, contact us right away to repair any slab leaks. You can be confident in our Rancho Penasquitos plumber of highly-trained technicians to detect any leaks and repair any problems. Best of all, we are an insurance-approved repair service and can work directly with your homeowner’s insurance.
We are available 24/7, so call All Star Plumbing & Restoration today for any of your slab leak repair needs in Rancho Penasquitos.