San Marcos is a picturesque area, and it is home to California State University San Marcos. Our slab leak repair services are specifically designed to address the needs of busy residents in this community. We offer quick response times, exceptional customer service and a light sense of humor whenever possible. If you suspect that you have a leak in your home, All Star Plumbing & Restoration is here for your slab leak repair San Marcos.
What is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak is a cracked or damaged water line that is within the concrete foundation of a structure. These leaks can occur when there is a sudden change in the water pipes, but leaks may also appear when low-grade stress continues for a long period. These leaks are difficult to detect, so professional assistance is usually required. Our trained service providers use various tools and techniques to repair any slab leak problem in San Marcos.
Why Do Slab Leaks Happen?
Slab leaks are usually caused by a breach in a hidden water pipe. Our service providers understand the interior architecture of the homes and businesses in San Marcos.
We can find the slab leak and correct the problem at its source.
The most common causes for slab leaks are listed below:
- Pipe Corrosion – Chemicals in the water pipes can cause corrosion. Unfortunately, many older homes were constructed at a time when it was still common to use copper or galvanized pipes for the water lines. The corrosion in these older lines can produce small holes in the pipes, and this will lower the water pressure as the liquid seeps out.
- Water Line Vibration – When water runs through the pipes, vibration may cause a slab leak when a change in the temperature of the metal also occurs. This can happen when the temperature inside of the pipes becomes alternately hot and cold.
- Faulty Pipe Construction – Any bad design in the structure of the water pipes may cause a crack to occur. Bad joints, cheap metal and poor construction can all contribute to a leaky pipe. The corrosion and vibration often add to this problem, and the final result is a slab leak. Water lines also require good insulation and a sturdy base of support.
Symptoms of a Slab Leak
Homeowners can detect a possible slab leak by observing the most common symptoms. If you see one or more of these problems, it is important to contact a slab leak professional right away. There is no reason to procrastinate because waiting will only allow the problem to get worse.
These typical slab leak symptoms may include:
- The sound of running water in the walls when all taps and water lines are turned off.
- Cracks suddenly appearing on the floor or walls where a slab shift has happened.
- Mold or mildew under a carpet.
- Spikes in the water bill.
What Can I Do About Slab Leaks?
Slab leaks only get worse over time, so it is imperative to contact a qualified service professional as soon as you notice one of the common symptoms listed above. Our San Marcos plumbers can detect and repair the slab leak, and we work with most insurance providers. We are available 24/7. Contact us today to have us diagnose your slab leak!