Without proper equipment and training, a slab leak is one of the hardest plumbing problems to detect. You often don’t notice it until the damage is done.
We tackle slab leak repair in Vista, CA. Homes and businesses are prone to this problem – we know that most property owners have questions about this hidden plumbing disaster. We have answers. All Star Plumbing & Restoration is your top choice for a professional slab leak repair in Vista.
What Is a Slab Leak?
The term can seem misleading. Your concrete slab doesn’t leak, but the water pipes and sewer lines running under it can develop small pinhole leaks. They can crack, split or break and soak water into the soil beneath your property’s foundation.
Locating the problem requires special detection equipment, and repairs usually involve cutting through concrete to reach damaged pipes.
Why Does It Happen?
Slab leaks have many causes, but these three are the most common here in Southern California:
– Underground pipes are in constant contact with naturally occurring chemicals in the soil. Over time, the reaction between pipe material and these chemicals results in corrosion that creates pinholes in the line. This destructive reaction is common in galvanized and copper pipes found in older homes and businesses.
Vibrations and Abrasions
– This type of damage is due to the vibration of water pressure in pipes. The motion rubs pipes against surrounding material, and temperature changes result in pipe expansion and contraction. Constant abrasion against concrete, replacement bar, soil and even other pipes eventually causes cracks and leaks.
– Older building techniques often resulted in existing slabs that can shift and strain pipes. If a property’s water lines weren’t installed with adequate insulation and support, they can crease and crack. These problems usually occur in area homes and buildings constructed through the 1960s.
How Can You Detect a Slab Leak?
You can’t detect a slab leak without special equipment. However, there are signs that indicate pipes are leaking under your foundation. The following are common symptoms of a slab leak problem:
- The constant sound of running water when all taps are off
- Areas of flooring that stay cool or warm
- Cracks in floors or walls caused by slab shifting
- Mold or mildew growth underneath carpets
- A steady uptick in water bills
When Do You Need Help?
We know that many homeowners can take care of minor plumbing problems around the house, but slab leak repair is never a DIY project. Our certified technicians use state-of-the-art equipment to pinpoint both the location and cause of your slab leak, and we take care of repairs with industry-proven techniques.
If you suspect a slab leak on your property, contact us right away for an inspection. Delays allow leaking water lines to do even more damage and increase the size of the repair job. Our Vista plumbers are available around the clock for slab leak repair Vista, CA, and throughout northwestern San Diego County. We’re insurance-approved so that we can work directly with your carrier. When you need help, call us first.
Services We Offer:
At All Star Plumbing & Restoration, we specialize in providing water heater services to our customers. Our experienced team of technicians can provide you with the best water heater installation, repair, and maintenance services. We understand that having a reliable hot water supply is essential for any home or business. That is why we strive to provide you with the highest quality service and products available.
Water damage can be devastating to your home and property. That’s why it’s important to get prompt water damage restoration from a reliable company. We provide fast and effective water damage repair services that can help restore your home or business back to its original condition. Our experienced technicians are trained in the latest techniques and use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that the job is done right the first time.
Are you struggling with a clogged drain or slow water flow? Look no further than All Star Plumbing & Restoration for all your drain repair, maintenance, and cleaning needs. Our team of expert plumbers has the knowledge and expertise to tackle any drain issue, big or small. Don’t let a clogged drain disrupt your daily routine.
All of your needs for water leak detection and repair can be met by our team of qualified experts. We employ the most recent technology to locate any potential leaks in your residence or place of business so that we can take immediate action before problems worsen. We also offer quick and dependable repairs, so you can be sure that your property won’t sustain any additional harm.
Are you looking for reliable plumbing services? Look no further than our expert plumbers! Our team of professional plumbers is available 24/7 to help you with all kinds of plumbing services. We offer a wide range of services, from simple repairs to complex installations and maintenance. No matter what your plumbing needs are, our expert team can provide the best solutions for you.