Carmel Valley, CA, in San Diego County, is regarded as one of the state’s most beautiful areas for its weather and natural landscape. The climate is mild with few environmental stresses. Property owners should be aware that damages to their home’s foundation may be caused by factors other than the environment. Slab leak repairs are required when a leak is suspected or detected underneath or within your home’s foundation. Due to the complexity of the process, slab leak repairs in Carmel Valley should only be undertaken by professionals. Our team of slab leak experts is available 24/7. As a locally based contractor of services, you can count on a rapid response from our team.
Is there a Slab Leak Beneath your Property?
Water and sewer lines are typically under the foundation. Water may begin to leak under the concrete slab due to various reasons, foremost of which would be a leak, crack or some damage to the pipes. A pinhole leak may be barely visible assuming that access to the below-ground water or sewer pipes were easy. The actual repair of the leaking pipes is straightforward, but accessing the damaged section poses a challenge if you are not a slab leak repair professional.
When you call us, expect a speedy response because we understand that even a small leak can become a larger problem without proper attention. Using a combination of tools and our expert knowledge in this field, we will identify the source of the slab leak and create a plan to access the leaky section of the pipe. Depending on the construction style of your property, we may have to cut through the concrete slab to get to the pipes.
When to Call in the Experts
Problems with your foundation may not be immediately noticeable.
When you suspect a problem with your foundation, look for some of these slab leak symptoms so that you can describe it to the repair team:
- Unexplained cracks on your floor
- Cracks on your walls especially if they form a stair-step pattern
- Damp areas in the carpet accompanied by signs of mold and mildew underneath
- Significant increase in your water bills
- Plumbing sounds are evident even when all taps are off
Understanding the Causes of Slab Leaks
- Inadequate insulation and support underneath the slab along with constant heavy pressure from water coursing through will stress the pipes, eventually causing a crack or a fissure.
- Poor layout of the plumbing system will stress the pipes. Fluids move through the pipes, causing expansion when the water is hot and contraction with cold water. Vibrations cause the pipes and surrounding components to rub against each other eventually causing cracks and leaks.
- Corrosion is a big issue with copper and other metal pipes. The buildup of corrosive materials can block water flow and create holes in the waterline. When water pressure declines, it could be due to leaks in the pipes.Slab leaks should not be taken lightly. When you suspect a leak underneath your house, call us immediately. We will identify the problem area, and will repair the issue efficiently. Call us today! We are available 24/7. Our Carmel Valley plumbers are waiting to help you repair your slab leak!