It is common for structures in Costa Mesa to be built on slab foundations. Many times, copper pipes are located underneath these slabs. When the metal gets damaged or wears naturally, breaks in the pipe occur that can lead to leaks. Since leaks can cause tremendous damage, it is important to pinpoint the root of the problem and understand the best way to repair the issue. Our team at All Star Plumbing & Restoration is ready to fix your leaks quickly and correctly to help you prevent problems down the road. Call us today for your slab leak repair Costa Mesa!
What Is Involved With A Slab Leak Repair?
Knowing that you have a leak in your underground pipes is just the beginning of a slab leak repair. Although fixing the damage is not difficult, it can be challenging to locate the exact point of the issue and to gain access to it. In order to execute repairs, it is necessary to cut through your concrete.
Common Causes Of Slab Leaks
Many things can lead to slab leaks. The most common include:
- Corrosion: Over time, a chemical reaction occurs between your pipes and the ground’s soil, which may cause corrosion. This creates tiny holes in pipes and may result in lowered water pressure. This is a common issue in piping systems that contain copper piping.
- Improper Installation: When there is a high amount of pressure on your water line, cracks may form. To avoid problems, it is best to install support beneath your slab.
- Vibration: As water runs through your pipes, vibration occurs. Also, the change in water temperature will make the pipes expand and contract. Eventually, pipes begin shifting and rubbing against rocky soil, which can cause a leak.
What Are The Signs Of A Slab Leak?
Pinhole-sized cracks may not create detectable leaks. However, when the problem grows larger, there may be some obvious signs that leaks have become severe.
- Constant Sounds of Running Water: Even when you are not using your faucets or appliances, you may hear the sound of running water in your pipes.
- Heightened Water Bills: When you have a leak, water is constantly running, which will increase your water bills. If you notice a significant increase, it is wise to seek professional assistance.
- Damp Carpets: When a leak occurs in your slab foundation, water may penetrate your floors and may leave damp spots in your carpeting.
- Warm Spots on Your Floor
- Wall or Floor Cracks: When you have a leak in your pipes, your slab foundation may shift. This can lead to cracks in your floors or walls.
How to Handle a Slab Leak
At the first sign of a problem, it is crucial to seek help from a professional slab leak repair company. A minor issue can be resolved before it causes major damage. Our Costa Mesa plumber have served the Costa Mesa community for many years. We are familiar with the area’s problems and use top equipment and the least invasive methods possible to stop leaks. We do more than quick cosmetic fixes. If necessary, we will replace pipes so that further headaches are avoided. For added convenience, we are often able to work directly with your insurance company.