It is common for structures in Newport Beach to have slab foundations that are above water pipes. In many instances, these pipes are crafted from copper. Over time, it is possible for this metal to wear or become damaged.
If this occurs, holes develop, which leads to leaks. In the beginning, small issues may go undetected. However, when leaks become severe, you may be left with great damage that requires costly repairs.
To keep these water leak headaches to a minimum, it is vital to be proactive and to look for signs of leaks. Performing fixes as early as possible will limit the damage around your home. To make sure that leaks are addressed correctly, it is wise to hire the help of water leak detection experts. All Star Plumbing & Restoration can find your water leak and provide the best solution for your problem.
What are the Most Common Reasons for Water Leaks?
Water leaks can happen because of:
- Changes in Weather: As weather changes, stress may be placed on water pipes. Changes in temperature can cause the pipe to contact and expand leading to a weakened pipe. Over time, the metal begins to succumb to the pressure, and water leaks begin.
- Incorrect Installation: When pipes are incorrectly installed, leaks are likely to occur.
- Age: When pipes age, they fall victim to wear and tear. As they keep degrading, holes eventually form, and leaks result.
Symptoms of Water Leaks
Since small leaks rarely present symptoms, it may be difficult to recognize a problem until it grows. As soon as you suspect a problem, it is crucial to call professional water leak detection and repair experts so that fast and effective fixes can be completed.
Here are some signs that you may have a water leak:
- Structural Cracks: As pipes spring leaks, your home’s foundation may shift in the ground. When this type of movement occurs, your walls and floors may develop cracks.
- Wet Carpet: As pipes leak, the water spreads in the ground and is absorbed by your concrete foundation. When this happens, you may notice that your carpets feel damp.
- Warm Spots: Warm spots on the floor often indicate water leaks.
- Water Noises: When you turn on your faucets, you will hear water running through your pipes. However, when you hear water noises in your pipes for no reason, a leak may be present.
What is the Process of Leak Detection?
Although a homeowner is often determined to find a water leak without help, this person rarely has the tools or knowledge to successfully identify the problem. However, our Newport Beach plumbers have been specially trained to find leaks.
Also, they use the latest equipment to solve the problem quickly and with the least invasive methods. Our repair treatments are comprehensive, which means that you can rest assured that future leaks will not occur.
We will save you from spending a ton of money on unnecessary and ineffective fixes that lead to even more home damage. For your convenience, we work fast so that your normal activities may resume without hassle.
Why Choose Us?
Our technicians comprehend that leaks can cause devastating damage to your property in Newport Beach. Our team is trained to detect leaks with ease and to recommend the best course of action.
We will eliminate your issue the first time preventing additional fixes in the future. If you need help detecting a leak, call us today. For all your emergency plumbing needs, we are available 24/7.